- Maria Rivas placed 5th out of 64 tennis players at the IHSA State Tournament! She received a medal and got to participate in the awards ceremony. Maria took out the 3, 5, and 6 seeds in the tournament and went 6-1 over 3 days. The Team also tied for 3rd place.
- Ethan Breen (4th) and Angelo Villazana (15th) led the boys’ cross-country team to a fifth-place finish at the Prosser Regional on Saturday. The girls also finished fifth, led by Vanessa Sostenes (13th place). Both teams will be competing at the University of Chicago sectional this Tuesday.
- Frosh-Soph Football finished their season undefeated with a win against Prosser. Varsity came up with a HUGE 26-18 victory against Steinmetz. Our team went down 18 points in the first quarter and then held Steinmetz scoreless for the final 3 quarters. Congrats to the team and especially a GIANT congrats to Coach Mike Menczynski for his 18 years of coaching football at Lake View. Wednesday was his last game.
- Girls’ Volleyball beat Westinghouse to win conference, but lost in City playoffs to Lane. They’ll be competing in the state tournament this week.
- Boys Soccer defeated ITW David Speer in the Regional Semifinal. Boys Soccer then defeated Bensenville (Fenton) to become the IHSA Bensenville Regional Champions!! They play in sectionals on Wednesday!