Lake View Virtual Open House!
Saturday November 6th from 10:30am-12:30pm
(Links will be available on our website!)
We are so excited to share our Wildcat Pride to our potential future students! Lake View can be your student's HOME to learn, dream, grow, build, and succeed!" Whoever you hope to be, we are here to give you a voice, a path and a future!
We will have a great overview of our STEM Program, AP offerings, Athletics, Clubs, Culture and Capstone Status. But most importantly, you will learn how our students are the center of our Wildcat Experience. Want VIP Status: Click WILDCAT VIP to stay up to date on how to be a part of our Wildcat Community.
Lake View High School is HOME!
From computer programming and biotechnology to photography and jazz, LVHS students have a multitude of options to explore interests and develop skills across disciplines. Courses at multiple levels, including Honors, AP and Dual Credit, combined with a wide range of extracurricular opportunities, ensure that students are prepared for future success in college, careers and beyond.
Attendance Area/Application Requirements:
Welcome parents and students! We are excited that you are interested in attending Lake View High School to continue your education. Important application deadlines for 2022-2023 School Year:
GROW Partnership: If you attend Audubon, Bell, Blaine, Budlong, Burley, Chappell, Hamilton, Hawthorn, Inter-American, Jahn, Jamieson, McPherson, Nettlehorst, Ravenswood, or Waters Elementary then you get automatic acceptance into Lake View High School!
Students currently residing in Lake View’s Neighborhood Attendance area are automatically eligible for enrollment. Lake View’s attendance area is determined by each student’s home address.*
If you are outside of our neighborhood, you still have an opportunity to apply! Please see the GoCPS link below!
*Note: Eighth grade students from any of the 17 GROW elementary schools who apply to Lake View through GoCPS have a guaranteed path to admission, regardless of where they live. To learn more about the GROWCommunity initiative, click here.
Current 8th Grade Students
Current 8th grade students can apply to high school online or on paper through the GOCPS system.To register in person, please bring the following documents with you:
- Proof of current age (Documents can include, but are not limited to, any ONE of the documents listed below):
- Child’s birth certificate
- Child’s baptismal record
- Court documents
- Medical Records
- Proof of current address (Documents can include, but are not limited to, any TWO of the documents listed below):
- Current utility bill
- Illinois driver’s license or State of Illinois identification card
- Employee identification number
- MediPlan/Medicaid card
- Court documents
- Illinois Department of Public Aid Card
- Stamped United States Post Office change of address form
- Illinois state aid check/social security check
High School Transfers
Complete all components of the application and attach all required documents (including information from your child's school counselor). Completed applications and supporting documents should be submitted to the LVHS Main Office for consideration. (LVHS Main Office summer hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-2:00pm.)
Required Supporting Documents:
- Most recent standardized test results
- Final 8th grade report card (incoming 9th graders) / Official high school transcript (incoming 10th-12th graders)
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and/or 504 plan (if applicable)
- ACCESS Test Scores (if ELL Student)
- Official Behavior/Discipline report
- Current medical records
Please contact the LVHS main office with any questions.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.