Senior Year College Timeline
- Start your senior year by finalizing your college list
- Apply to safety, match & reach schools
- Visit prospective colleges and get a feel for the campuses.
- Research your schools and find their EARLY ACTION deadlines.
- These can be from mid-October to mid-November!
- Request recommendation letters from teachers/counselors.
- Consider retaking the SAT or ACT.
- Finalize your personal statement; it's a crucial part of your application.
- Fill out and complete your Common App or non-Common App online applications.
- Make an appointment with your Counselor to ensure your apps are complete.
- Explore your prospective schools' financial aid requirements to plan your college budget.
- Complete your FAFSA starting October 1st.
- Finish all of your applications and meet your deadlines.
- Schedule any college interviews to finish up the admissions process.
- Continue to hunt and apply for SCHOLARSHIPS (all students must apply to a min. of 1).
- Keep your grades up (some schools may ask for your 2nd semester grades)!
- Once you've received all of your responses from colleges, make your final decision by May 1st!
- Look over your financial aid offer letters with your parents to see out which school will work for you.
- Follow your last admissions checklist: Send your final transcripts to your college and meet housing deadlines.
- Prepare for your AP exams and complete your AP Tests before summer.
- Cross everything off your graduation checklist, GRADUATE, and rock on with your bad self!
- Make a list of everything you need to bring to college with you.
- Plot your course for traveling to/from college and home.
- Attend your college's summer orientation to get the lay of the land before school starts.
- Apply for student housing and get matched with a great roommate.
- There's no time to waste, begin preparing for your college coursework now.
- Get ready for a new world of student organizations, on-campus living, and college life by learning more about what your school has to offer.