All Students can learn and succeed, but not all on the same day or in the same way.
At Lake View, our experienced team of teachers and specialists focusing on diverse learners work collaboratively to ensure that all students can achieve and become successful. This commitment to our students includes:
- FOSTERING leadership and self-advocacy skills in each student.
- PROMOTING an educational environment where students with disabilities have equal access to educational opportunities and a community environment where all children are encouraged to reach their full potential.
- PROVIDING a network of communication for parents of students with disabilities to share information and concerns.
- DEVELOPING an on-going relationship within the community to encourage understanding, respect, acceptance and inclusion of students with disabilities.
- COLLABORATING with the school to continually improve the educational opportunities available in and out of Lake View that promote improved academic outcomes for students with disabilities.
- SUPPORTING and assisting all regular education teachers at Lake View High School with modifications to the curriculum and needs of the students with disabilities.
Service Delivery Models
At Lake View, we offer a wide array of settings for our students with disabilities or special learning needs including:
- CONSULTATIVE CLASSES
LRE Service Delivery Model: CON
This is a GENERAL EDUCATION CLASS. The student’s service provider consults with the teacher on a quarterly basis to monitor progress and to assure the accommodations are being implemented. No general education classroom should have more than 30% of its students with disabilities.
- TEAM-TAUGHT CLASSES
LRE Service Delivery Model: TT
This is a GENERAL EDUCATION CLASS. The special education teacher is in the class co-teaching and working with the students on a daily basis. Since the class is co-taught with both a general and special education teacher, the number of students with disabilities can comprise up to 30% of the student body. The class size of a TT class total is generally smaller than the general education class.
- INSTRUCTIONAL CLASSES
LRE Service Delivery Model: INS
This is a SMALLER SEPARATE CLASS. The curriculum content with modifications is delivered by a special education teacher to a class consisting of a maximum of 15 students with a cross-categorical range of disabilities. The class size can reach up to 17 if there is a paraprofessional present.
- OTHER SUPPORTS IN CLASS
Paraprofessionals, Peer Tutors and Resource periods are assigned as needed per the IEP to help the student be successful in class.